Dane County Food Coalition Planning Meeting Notes
January 19, 2012
What do you want from the Coalition?
- Develop a shared vision that all members are able to articulate.
- Take collective action (Stanford paper on Collective Impact)
- Need an assessment of organizations and what they do
- Collective group could have political credence/sway
- Forum for sharing info and reduce duplication
- “We all want more local food available for everyone”
- Be a mouth piece for what’s going on.
- Opportunities to bring interns together
- Group support for projects/ideas
- Group to bounce ideas/ info sharing
- Be inclusive
- Shared Leadership?
- Don’t spend a lot time on mission and planning.
- How do we push the envelope?
- Shared goal and logo
- “keep farmers in mind”
- Mapping of resources/orgs
- Sharing links on resource pages
- Garrett will put together and share a list of organizations on Google Docs
- Schedule next planning meeting for February
- Edibles in the landscape
- Increase access to healthy food for low income
- Increase EBT at farmers markets
Present: Ruthie Young, Slow Food UW; Phyllis Hasbrouck, Fitchburg Fields; Kiera Mulvey, Madison Area CSA Coalition; Larry Johnson, Dane County Farmers’ Market; Chris Brockel, Community Action Coalition for South Central WI, Inc.; Linda Tschillard, YMCA of Dane County East Branch; Kathy Utley, Goodman Community Center; Kelly Maynard, Spring Rose Growers Cooperative; Miriam Grunes, REAP Food Group; Stephanie Jung, Farm Fresh For All; Kate Heiber-Cobb, Madison Area Permaculture Guild; Carrie Edgar, Dane County UW Extension; Callie Pederson, Neesvig’s; Garrett Peterson, Edgewood Sustainability Program; Jill Jacklitz, Community GroundWorks; Courtney Berner, UW Center for Cooperatives; Terrie Anderson, FEED kitchen; Kelli Stader, Wisconsin Population Health Fellow at DHS; Hugh Wing, Goodman Community Center; Joe Friesen, Fitchburg Fields; Samuel Pratch, UW Coop. Extension; Mark Voss, Voss Organics; Ali Loker, FH King Students for Sustainable Ag; Matt Covert, FH King Students for Sustainable Ag; Lauren Wells, FH King Students for Sustainable Ag; Martin Bailkey, Growing Power and DCFC; and Gini Knight, Madison Area CSA Coalition.